This release fixes HTML entities, custom expiration and pasting into password field.
This bug fix releases resolves further HTML entity encoding issues, the use of custom expiration options in the email function, pasting into the password dialog on pastes with attachments and also updates the identicon library to 2.0.0, which increases the minimum required PHP version to 5.6.
Benefits of switching to the new release
We recommend to upgrade 1.3.x instances to address these issues.
We also offer a Docker container that includes the recommended secure setup with the non-essential files and data outside of the web servers document root.
Changes since version 1.3.3
- CHANGED: Minimum required PHP version is 5.6, due to a change in the identicon library and to use php's native hash_equals()
- CHANGED: Upgrading libraries to: identicon 2.0.0
- FIXED: Support custom expiration options in email function (#586)
- FIXED: Regression with encoding of HTML entities (#588)
- FIXED: Unable to paste password on paste with attachment (#565 & #595)
Help wanted & greatly appreciated
Apart from the large tasks that require deeper insight and time, there are also smaller issues were help is wanted, topics open to debate and of course many languages that still remain to be translated. We are also still looking for additional long term maintainers among our frequent issue helpers.
If you are interested in helping with any of these points, we have prepared a development guide including design goals, code structure and tools that should get you started.
Plans for future releases
The next regular release will focus on user interface improvements.